Provident takes your personal and bank information seriously. We are committed to your online security.
- Avoid becoming a victim of identity theft. Learn about the common schemes that target financial institution customers and how thieves try to steal personal information:
- Phishing - fraudulent emails
- Vishing - fraudulent calls or emails requesting a call back
- Smishing - fraudulent texts to a cell phone
Provident Bank will NEVER:
- Threaten to close your account if you do not immediately provide personal information.
- Send an email, text or automated phone call requesting your personal information.
- Require you to enter personal information directly into an email or text.
Fraud Reporting Options and Information Selections:
- To Report Fraud Click Here
- Report a Lost or Stolen Card Here
- View Current Fraud Alerts
- Cyber Security Tips Monthly Newsletter
If you click continue you will be redirected to a third party web site which provides these services on Provident Bank's behalf.
The third party provider is not controlled or owned by Provident Bank. Provident Bank does not endorse their services; and, makes no representations and disclaims all liability and all warranties with regard to their services.
Please be aware that information security and privacy policies at the third party provider may differ from those of Provident Bank, therefore we recommend that you review their web site privacy and security policies.